Friday, November 2, 2012

Thankfulness

So I love that everyone is posting what they are thankful for everyday for the month of November on blogs, Facebook, etc.  I wanted to jump on that.  So, naturally, I'm already a day behind.  Life.

So I'll start with my quote that I'm using on my chalkboard right now:

"Thanksgiving, after all, is a word of action." - w.j. cameron

So, in that spirit, I hope to be full of thankfulness in my words here and my actions also.
Obviously I'm thankful for the biggies, my husband, our amazing boys, our families, our friends, their and our health.  Not to mention jobs and a home. I'm not trying to downplay this by not writing a post about each of those individually. We are richly blessed and I thank God for those blessings each day. But here, this month, I want to write about the little things, sometimes silly, but it all comes back to the biggies anyways. Will I post everyday? Probably not, but I will try to include something from each day. But I will be thankful each day, for the little stuff and the biggies.

So, yesterday, November 1st, I'm thankful that I get to wear yoga pants to work.
Silly, yes.  But hear me out.  I get to work for myself, doing something I love, bring my kids with me (sometimes) and dress how I want because my office is casual like that.  Yesterday I would not have made it to work if I had had to get "dressed".  Daddy was traveling, the boys were coming with me, we had another day of no naps, we were at the park until 30 minutes before we had to leave, so I washed the boys' hands and faces, changed their diapers and clothes and we left.  All I had time for was a clean pair of yoga pants and a clean sweater....phew!  Days like that when I get to work I joke that this is going to be my last day because I'm quitting.  But once I'm there I absolutely love what I do.  I'm so lucky to be in a great community working with like minded professionals.  I'm meeting so many awesome mamas and soon-to-be mamas and I'm extraordinarily honored to work with them and their babies during such a precious time in their lives.
So yoga pants it is!  And so much more!

And today, November 2nd, I'm thankful for an almost potty trained toddler.  Ok so he's definitely not 100% there yet and I'm so okay with that.  I'm in no hurry and I'm letting him take the reigns and be in control of the process.  I want him to feel comfortable and secure.  I give him the option each day of chonies or a diaper....he almost always picks the chones.  Today was no exception.  When daddy got home from Nashville (hallelujah) we hung out during Owen's nap then walked over to verizon to get my new phone all hooked up (heeey schmancy new iphone 5, and welcome to 2012 with my first ever iphone!), well we were 7th in line so after waiting a little while I took Scott for non-dairy fro yo then to trader joe's while Brian waited at verizon.  Well by the time we got to TJ's and were about half way done with our shopping Scott told me with urgency in his voice, "Mom, I have to pee pee".  Well I had basically forgotten that he wasn't wearing a diaper and we had been outta the house for pushing 2 hours.  So we asked an employee where the potties were and high tailed it to get to them.  Owen was in the front pack, Scott in the stroller...shoeless! Yikes.  Public potty, no shoes, baby in front pack, what's a mom to do?  So I picked him up, got the potty covered, got his pants down and him on...all without anyone touching the floor (I'd like to give a little shout out to yoga and cardio barre for the strength in my legs and arms to pull this little stunt off).  We peed, we washed, we were back in the stroller and on our way!  From the time he told me to the time he pottied was almost 3 minutes and he HELD IT! YIPEE!  So obviously we are still in diapers at night but overall I think we are getting there.  And truly, no rush!  I'm thankful that we get to take our time in this regard, and that I get to be home with my boys to help them potty train and for a husband who supports this process and is patient and who values the way we choose to parent.  And sorry if that is too much potty talk, I promise to keep it to a minimum as we proceed in the potty training department.

Happy Thanks Giving Month!



1 comment:

  1. I love the first 2 that you chose to share! Looking forward to reading along with your list :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers