Monday, November 12, 2012

Triple play

I'm glad I didn't set unrealistic expectations about posting everyday.  Never gonna happen.

Saturdays post could be titled: Husband, Weekend, White paint.  I'm so thankful Brian is in town and that we have a free weekend.  That was heavenly.  And we got our weekend warrior faces on and painted Scott's room (blue) and the kitchen (white).  Oh and be we I 100% mean Brian.  He was a painting stud this weekend and our house looks better for it.  We hated the color we had chosen for Scott's room (totally my fault, I chose it, I will own it)  so we painted his room blue which is much more soothing and now we can actually hang some stuff in there.  And the kitchen, although that redo is not in the works for a few years the paint on the wall was just yucky and depressing, and dirty!  So Brian did a fresh, double coat of white on the walls and ceiling it just looks fresh and clean and that makes me happy.  And thankful!

Sunday:  thankful for breakfasts.  Silly yeah?  We started an unspoken tradition of having really good, hot, home cooked breakfasts on Sunday mornings.  It just started happening and I love it.  This week was eggs and toast for the boys (not owen, he had sweet potato for the first time though, and loved it) and an omelet for me.  It was nice to eat all together, in the morning, a hot breakfast when its cold out can't be beat!

Today:  I am thankful for monday morning workouts and busting the monday morning blues.  I had a major case of them today.  Brian is busy at work and weeks seem excessively long these days, so I was bummed that the weekend was over and Brian was back to work.  I got the boys in gear for the late morning cardio barre class and I'm so glad I did.  It was just what I needed to break outta my funky mood.  Some endorphins and sweat, perfect.  I know I've raved about cardio barre before, but truly it is awesome.  I used to never like group workouts, I liked going to the gym with my headphones in and working hard and getting out.  Since having babies I NEED a group to get me motivated.  Now I can't speak for all studios but this one rocks.  The staff and instructors are so nice and they really care that you are there.  I took over a year off while pregnant with Owen and when I got back everyone remembered me - wow!  They start my day with so much positive energy.  Not to mention my kids love the child care room (which I can see from where I'm working out).  I know not everyone values exercise the way I do, but it gives me energy and makes me a more patient mommy.  I'm thankful that Brian works into our budget for me to be able to do this (it ain't cheap) and that the boys love playing with the other kids and great babysitters there.


And just for fun, since I haven't included pictures in forever and I know you miss these faces....
 Owen and his gal pal Katelyn exersaucin' away

A little tunnel time for Owen (he has yet to crawl through it, totally freaked out by it)


Today at the park.  Love me some fall weather and babies in beanies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers