Sunday, November 25, 2012

A bunch of Thankfulness...

 Where did I leave off?  Who even knows, after a crazy week, plus Thanksgiving, plus a sick/teething baby I barely know what day it is.  And now the whole google/blog picture space/charge you money to blog debacle...for the record I bit the bullet and did the 2$/month thing.  For now at least.  If I find a better (FREE) deal out there I'm out, but I didn't want to stop posting and what little research I did I found that other blog domains charge or I can register a domain name, but posting this way is so darn easy.  So Merry Christmas to you, my four readers, I will continue to post here.  But everyone I know having this problem and filling up their picture memory at the exact same time, people who have been blogging longer than I have and shorter, we really all used our picture memory space up this week?  Highly suspect google!

Back to thankfulness.  Wednesday: I'm thankful for fun things to do in our community.  This evening the boys and I took Brian over to see the Christmas tree all lit up.  If you recall, he wasn't able to attend the lighting extravaganza with us.  And this time Scott got to see the tree up close and personal.  Real tree by the way. Crazytown!


Gotta work on this boy's cheese face.
 When we were over there we ran into a neighborhood friend doing essentially the same thing.  It was really fun running into people we know from our community.

Thursday morning. Thanksgiving.  Owen has ANOTHER fever.  So we had a sick little grumpus on our hands most of the day.  Luckily between Brian and myself, Mimi and Papa and grandpa Don all in town we had plenty of hands to hold Owen (who, incidentally, hasn't been been put down in 72 hours and counting), play with Scott and Parker J. and cook delicious food.
 So Thursday, I'm thankful for family, whether you are related to us by blood or just by friendship, we love you.  I'm thankful for a holiday like Thanksgiving that we can just relax and enjoy good company and be super low key about the whole thing.

 "All about the Mimi train".  These three cousins had a blast playing train on the rocking chair with Mimi for quite a while leading up to dinner.  Owen was especially thrilled to be the conductor! 

Cheers (sparkling apple cider in plastic wine glasses for the big boys)

Owen's first Thanksgiving.  Since he wasn't feeling well, he never made it out of jams that day and he didn't get to eat any Thankgivingy food...next year buddy.

Pretty pleased about sitting up at the table with everyone though.

What a crack up he is...

Cheers!!!


Eyeing the {empty, plastic}wine glass

Friday Brian and Scott set up the Christmas tree!!!  Its not decorate yet, hopefully tonight it will be though.  Sick babies sure do kink your plans, but I wouldn't put him down or trade these snuggles for any plans.


I'm definitely thankful for Christmas decorations and the Christmas season that is now upon us (um, how are we already at Christmas, I feel like its still june sometimes!)

Saturday, little man is still sick, frowny face!!!  I'm thankful that his little immune system is functioning well and doing what its supposed to be doing.  Brian and I have taken turns with who holds Owens while he sleeps and who plays with Scott.  We have been enjoying our one on one time with each boy we've gotten the last couple of days.

Sunday, I'm thankful for Christmas books.  Scott is so into Christmas this year.  He loves talking about Jesus's birthday (mostly, I think, because when he thinks about birthday he thinks about cake, he keeps asking me if Jesus gets birthday cake, so I think we will have to do one this year) and Santa coming down the chimney and "shooting out the fireplace".  HAHA.  Having so many great Christmas books has made telling him about Christmas even more fun.  We have read all of them at least twice, some of them, the true favorites we have read at least 10-12 times!

So maybe the rest of the month I will post what I'm thankful for every day, but probably not, it may be awhile again, maybe a monthly thankful wrap up?!  Who knows!
Hope you all had a happy and blessed Thanksgiving day and week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers