Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween Night

 Well whadaya know?  The gnome costume did fit little man after all.  I almost didn't try it on him because I thought he'd be too long.  Yet again, I have over done it on the pictures.  Whatever.  My kids are dang cute, can't help myself.

So Halloween day included a run in the morning, some park time, a trip to trader joe's and then getting in costumes.  Since daddy was in Nashville and was going to be missing trick-or-treating, mommy was flyin' solo.  Frankly I had a bad attitude about the whole day.  Scott was crabby, both boys have been battling allergyesque symptoms thanks to the lovely Santa Ana winds, Owen WOULD NOT NAP and I almost called the whole thing off.  Thankfully our wonderful sweet neighbors invited us to trick-or-treat with them so I mustered up the energy and patience and I'm so glad I did because we had a great time.  But first...more pictures.....you know you love it....
 This kid's expressions just crack me up.


Dear casting agent for Dr. Seuss films: I have your next baby 'Who'

 Seriously. Stop the cuteness.

"Trick-or-Treating?  AWESOME!!!!"

Owen sneaking up on the gnome in the mirror.


T-rex and a garden gnome

"Where's the candy?"

"Omgee mom, someone stole the candy!"

 "Oooooh we haven't gotten the candy yet you say, well let's do this!"

"CAAAAANDY!"



We made it to our neighbors down the block and did our first practice trick-or-treat.  Scott was a little hesitant, but we convinced him to go in and hang out.   Part of the reason I almost called the whole thing off is that Scott is very much in a shy phase right now, combine that with his fear of all things Halloween this year (when we walk the neighborhood he tells me at every house that has decorations up that he doesn't like them, scary witches, goblins and whatnot - he HATES it!) and then add to that Brian not being here and I envisioned Scott freaking out and having a tantrum on the sidewalk and me having to carry him home while also carrying Owen, no thanks.  But after we got to our friends house I was starting to feel better....still guessing we'd only end up at one or two more houses...

Baby Katelynn the elephant.  Only 11 days younger than Owen.  Katelynn's mommy went to highschool with Brian, such a small world.

Well Erika's (our friend) nephew Jaden was there to trick or treat and he is a few years older than Scott.  Game Over.  Scott was in it to win it!  He loved hanging out with Jaden and ran from house to house and scored a bucket full of candy.  We trick or treated for over an hour. 

The boys ran up to the doors and I always offered to join Scott which was always followed by "no thanks mommy".   So grown up.  I was so glad he was having so much fun.  The only problem we encountered was at one house there were life sized mechanical witches etc. near the front door and then a big group of kids came up behind Scott and he got trapped and he FREAKED.  But never fear because he was ready to go again at the next house. 

When trick-or-treating was done Scott was devastated....despite his full blown exhaustion at this point he could have gone all night.  We got home and he immediately wanted to eat the candy.  Stupid mommy thought he really didn't have that much a concept of candy yet. Wrong-o!  So I let him dig through the bucket to choose one "mommy approved" piece.   Luckily Scott doesn't recognize most of the candy (as all of our candy comes from trader joe's, hello organic, no dye lollipops and gummy bears!!) so he ended up having one bite of a tootsie roll type candy and not liking it and then immediately choosing the trader joe's lollipop that I snuck into his bucket.  Phew!  Then he chose to snack on grapes the rest of the evening, happy mommy!

Happy T-Rex!
Scott already asked to go trick-or-treating this morning.  Looking forward to next year already!
Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers