Tuesday, November 20, 2012

La Brea Tar Pits and Bonus Material

 Two in the tub.  Just because they're cute!

This week Brian started hanging up some stuff (with more to go) to start making our house feel more like home (I mean it definitely already does, but you know, its nice to have stuff on walls)
We pinterested these craft frames on either side.  Hang empty frame, then hang a clip in the middle, fun way to display kiddo art work.  I like it because it makes every piece look special!!  And the picture in the middle is a puzzle that we had framed.  It was my dad's, then mine and I thought it would make a great piece on the wall in the playroom.

A partial view of the play room (excuse the GIANT mess of craft paper exploding from the basket)

Today (as I mentioned in the last post) we went to the La Brea tar pits.  Scott loves all things prehistoric, so we thought what a perfect place.
 Scott's way into wearing his backpack these days (as witnessed on our hike as well).  Here we are, checking out the mammoths out front.  Exact same as I remember from my childhood.

Saber tooth cat eating a sloth.  This exhibit was robotic (and a little violent if you ask me) and Scott was fascinated.

Showing dad

Scott loved the skeletons and fossils everywhere.  I did my best to explain what fossils were, but I'm not sure if he completely understood, perhaps a lesson from Mimi is in order?

Looking at turtles and koi in the atrium pond.

After the museum, we wondered the grounds for a while.  LACMA is right next door, and while we didn't venture in, we had a blast exploring all the outdoor exhibits.
 Scott's far and away favorite.

Owen enjoyed it too, and even stayed awake the whole trip. Wowza.  He did sleep on the way home and an hour or so after we got back.




Mommy and Owen.  Needed some proof we were there!!!


Playing and playing.  These were long yellow plastic tubes.  I should have taken a picture of the whole thing, it was super neat.

Standard "cheese" face

Under the bolder we went!  Scott was less impressed than I thought he would be.


"Urban Light" by Chris Burden.  


Scott and Brian played chase through the light posts for a while, and clearly Scott loved every second.


Lookin' up!
I know I already did my thankfulness post for today, and I've already mentioned this, but I am so thankful for how much family time we are getting this week.  Its been amazing and this mama is loving every second!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the pictures! I've wanted to take a trip to the tar pits for awhile, looks like fun and a winner for the kiddos! Also, UT has those same yellow noodles outside of the education building. Super duper awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Followers