Friday, November 9, 2012

Yesterday and Today

Yesterday:  I am thankful for mommy friends.  If you are my friend and not a mommy I am still thankful for you.  The boys and I had a play date yesterday afternoon with a mommy I met at yoga and her two boys close in age Scott and Owen.  The boys all had a blast.  Lucia and I got a chance to chat and hang out.  Plus it was raining so it was great to get out of the house and keep everyone's boredom in check.  I am thankful that I have so many mommy friends to keep me sane.  Whether I see you once a year and we keep up mostly through technology (hello blogging, fb etc) or we used to be neighbors and now we only see each other a couple times a month, or I see you or talk to you everyday, thank you for your friendship.  In the tough parenting moments its comforting to know I'm not the only one. When a phase is just beginning, I thank the Lord that I have someone to tell me that this will pass just as it has for their child.  I love getting tips and advice and celebrating the little and big parenting victories with you.  Like potty training for example, only my mommy friends really truly know the sheer bliss that your child held the pee pee for 3 minutes while you made it to the toilet, and only my mommy friends really want to hear the story - haha!  Thank you all for the walking this parenthood journey with us.  We are in good company and we are blessed by each of you!

Today: I am thankful for technology.  Ok, so technology has its problems, like things being really expensive to fix if they break when the old school push to start dryer worked just as well, or kids these days not knowing how to have a proper conversation with eye contact or how to write a paper without using text slang, but today I'm thankful because a patient texted me a picture of her new baby boy who was born late last night.  I love that I get to be in contact with my patients this way and they share their first moments with me via technology.  HIPAA prevents me from sharing the picture with you, but rest assured he is cute and perfect in every way.
I was also able to record the big boys singing happy birthday to Aunt C and Mimi, whose birthdays are today and tomorrow respectively, on my phone and email it to them.  Too fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers