Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Two more things...

Yesterday:  I'm thankful I get to wear yoga pants to work.  Wait did I already use that one?  Dang it.  HAHA.  Ooops I did it again!  Its basically my uniform.  Ok but now let's be serious.  Last night (and right now/this evening too for that matter) Owen has gone to sleep in his crib and slept there for more than 30 mins (which is our norm), its been so wonderful to have some free time in the evening to help get Scott ready for bed, which I have been missing out on, and catch up on a few things, work, blogging, showering, you know.  I'm not for a moment complaining about the neediness of the youngest Campbell at night time, I love putting him down, nursing him, cosleeping, but lately he hasn't been able to sleep at all unless I'm next to him, which has been sort of tough. I know this is a phase and soon it will get easier and soon I will miss having him with us, so I treasure it now as much as I can. Last night he slept for 3 hours and woke up to come in our bed just as I was ready to go to sleep.   Perfect.  Keep that trend going Owen, mommy likes!

Today:  I'm thankful for pennies.  A few months ago some girlfriends and I introduced Scott to throwing pennies into a fountain and make a wish.  We were having coffee and there was  fountain 10 or so feet away so we would have him come back one by one for pennies to throw in and make a wish.  Between 3 of us we emptied all purses and wallets of ALL pennies!  Then we moved onto nickel, dime and quarter wishes (all granting 5, 10 and 25 wishes a piece....that's how it works right?).  We probably gave the fountain a few dollars at least that day.  Well back to today, Scott hasn't forgotten about making wishes with pennies.  We came out of the book store and he asked to go see the fountain.  We got there and he said "Mom, I need your pennies! I'm gonna do witches!"  So we used up all the pennies and nickels in my wallet and had a blast!  When we came home this evening he played pennies and 'witches' again.  He took the air pennies out of his "wallet" (a broken wiffle ball...don't ask) and we took turns throwing them in and making a wish.  I don't think he really knows what wishes are at this point, but he knows that its special.  I love the innocence.  He's not wishing for new toys, or ice cream, or world peace.  He just wants to throw the penny and make a wish (whatever that is in his mind!).  Love.

 Scoping out the best place to make his wishes.


Pennies = wishes

And just for fun....two little monkeys jumpin' on the bed...(for the record no bonked heads, today at least)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers